Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Action steps postal service has been taking to improve service
Thanks again for taking the time to meet with the Westchester Postal Team at Town Hall on Monday, June 10 to discuss mail service in the Town of Greenburgh.
It was good to learn your staff agrees that there has been a noticeable downward trend in the number of service issues being reported. At the same time, we acknowledge there are improvement opportunities and room to strengthen our ability to provide the best possible service to every single customer.
As discussed at the June 10 meeting, the Westchester Team has taken an aggressive and proactive approach over the last eight months to improving: the customer experience, our relationship with the communities we serve, and bolster employee engagement. For example, we have:
• Increased mail processing efficiencies to get mail to the delivery Post Offices earlier,
• Expanded employee training and development - especially with new hires,
• Taken community outreach to a new level by meeting with local mayors and town supervisors,
• Initiated weekly phone contact with congressional offices,
• Developed a new program for managing and oversight of customer inquiries,
• Held a symposium for employees to increase workplace and neighborhood safety,
• Sponsored a career conference to strengthen employee engagement,
• Participated in five external career hiring fairs.
As always, local residents are encouraged to share their feedback with us by contacting the local Post Office. In addition, residents can call our toll-free Customer Care Center at 1-800-ASK USPS (1-800-275-8777) or the Westchester District Consumer & Industry Contact Office at Affairs at 914-697-7000. Residents may also consider sending us an email by visiting our website and clicking on "Contact Us" at the bottom of our USPS.com homepage. Every call and email will be carefully documented and appropriate action taken to strengthen service.
We look forward to continuing to partner with your office and seek new ways for the Westchester Postal Team to provide the residents and businesses in the Town of Greenburgh with the best possible mail service. We will contact you shortly to finalize plans for a job fair in Greenburgh.
1000 WESTCHFSTFR AVENUE
P.O . Box 9800
WHITE PLAINS, NY 10610-9800 914.697.7104