GREENBURGH RECEIVES $500,000 GRANT FOR MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS AT MASSARO PARK
The Town, through the Department of Parks and Recreation, will be making major improvements at Massaro Park in the North Elmsford neighborhood in the Town. NYS Assemblyman Thomas Abinanti obtained a $500,000 grant under the State and Municipal Facilities Program (SAM) for materials, construction and installation of various park improvements for the $700,000+ project. Massaro Park is a multi-use 2.5-acre Town Park, which by virtue of prior Federal Funding through the Land and Water Conservation Fund is open to all residents of New York State. The Department of Parks and Recreation has a goal of starting the improvements this year. A description of the planned improvements (contingent on pricing) follows:
· Remove and install a new retaining wall to the park’s basketball park.
· Basketball Court Renovation
· Remove and build a new playground with rubberized surfacing.
· Sandblast and repaint the outdoor pool with new rubberized painting.
· Pool deck renovations.
· Repave or remove and rebuild a new walkway around the park.
· Renovate the existing handball court.