Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Hastings, Ardsley, Dobbs Ferry and parts of unincorporated Greenburgh
College is expensive. This is a scholarship opportunity that students who live in the Suez water district (Ardsley, Hastings, Dobbs Ferry, a small section of unincorporated Greenburgh West of the Sprain Brook Parkway and North of Old Jackson Ave. might want to apply for.
If readers know of other opportunities for scholarships that should be shared with residents - please e mail me at email@example.com.
Each year, SUEZ and the National Association of Water Companies award $3,000 scholarships to eight high school seniors from SUEZ’ service territory in Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, and Tioga counties. Seniors who are pursuing careers in science, engineering or anything related to the water-utility industry are eligible. Students interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
• United States citizen.
• New York resident for at least 5 years.
• Pursuing a degree at a college or university (two- or four-year) as an undergraduate student (part- or full-time).
• Maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 GPA grading scale.
• Enrolling in a curriculum related to the water-utility industry or related fields, such as natural resource management, environmental sciences, biology, chemistry, engineering, computer science, environmental law, etc.
Completed applications must be submitted by April 15, 2022. Students can apply by filling out a Google Form and uploading required documents (Word documents and PDF file types accepted).
To access the application visit: https://forms.gle/WRnYzsBfCNt8GE3w8
Required documents include:
• Copy of Applicant’s Transcript
• A one-page essay describing:
· Your academic program.
· Your career objectives and your interest in the water utility industry or in any field related to it, such as natural resource management, environmental sciences, biology, chemistry, engineering, computer science, environmental law, etc.
· Why you believe you should be selected for this scholarship.
• Two letters of recommendation
· One from a teacher or guidance counselor from the school you’re attending.
· One from an associate not related to you.
We recommend collecting the required documents before completing the application online.