Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
helpful info about booster shots, home heating aid, rental assistance, job fairs FEMA and more
BOOSTER SHOTS...EMERGENCY RENT ASSISTANCE....FEMA AT LIBRARY TODAY AND AT TOWN BOARD MEETING AT 4:30 pm today....home heating assistance..job fair...
Beginning October 6, the Westchester County Department of Health will be holding Pfizer vaccine booster clinics, by appointment only, every Wednesday and Thursday, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, at 134 Court Street in White Plains. The Greenburgh Neighborhood Health Center will hold a Pfizer vaccine booster shot event at Greenburgh Town Hall this Thursday from 2 PM to 6 PM during our Farmers Market. They will also have Moderna vaccines available.
o To be eligible to receive a Pfizer booster dose at one of our clinics, you must have completed your original Pfizer vaccine series at least six months ago and you must fall into one of the following categories:
· New York State’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) is ongoing, offering relief to households which are behind on their rent.
o The New York State eviction moratorium has been extended through 1/15/2021.
o ERAP has expanded its eligibility to cover households that represent up to 120% of an Area’s Median Income (AMI).
o English and Spanish language flyers on ERAP are attached.
o Call Blanca Lopez for more information: 914-995-2921
· The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has opened a Disaster Recovery Center at the Will Library at 1500 Central Park Avenue, Yonkers, NY to assist homeowners, business owners and renters affected by the September 2 severe storm and flooding from Hurricane Ida. There is also an additional site in Mamaroneck at the Village Library (136 Prospect Ave, Mamaroneck 10543) FEMA will also be at the Greenburgh Library today and a representative of the government liaisons office will be meeting with the Town Board at 4:30 PM at Town Hall. Our meeting is open to the public. Questions about the financial assistance programs will be answered at that time.
o These locations are a one stop shop for Federal, State, County, and City resources, including:
o US Small Business Association, NYS Department of Financial Services and Department of Motor Vehicles, Westchester County Department of Health and Department of Social Services, City of Yonkers Office Constituent Services, Red Cross and Con Edison.
o Hours of operation are daily (Monday-Sunday) 8AM-7PM.
· Governor Hochul announced the availability of $373 million in home heating aid for low- and middle-income New Yorkers who need assistance keeping their homes warm during the upcoming winter season. Applications opened Friday, October 1 for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), which is overseen by the state Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance and provides federal funding to assist homeowners and renters with their heating costs during the cold weather months.
o Eligible homeowners and renters may receive up to $751 in heating assistance, depending on their income, household size and how they heat their home. A family of four may have a maximum gross monthly income of $5,249 or an annual gross income of $62,983 and still qualify for benefits-a modest increase from the previous year's threshold.
o Applications for assistance must go through local Departments of Social Services in person or by telephone. Westchester’s DSS is located at 112 East Post Road on the 5th floor; residents can call County DSS at (914) 995-3333
o Residents who are already working with DSS may also utilize the ‘mybenefits’ portal to apply for HEAP: https://mybenefits.ny.gov/mybenefits/begin
· The NYS Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES) has scheduled applicant briefing for individuals seeking storm relief. The workshop will take place on October 7 at 1:00 pm and will teach applicants how to submit a reimbursement for FEMA-eligible expenditures incurred as a result of Hurricane Ida.
o To register for this event, click here: https://tinyurl.com/4f2ut9r5
· Westchester County is conducting a Tourism and Hospitality Job Fair on October 14th from 1:00 - 4:00pm at the Westchester Marriott at 670 White Plains Road in Tarrytown.
o Interested parties can pre-register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfTrRS-g9WKPYnBWscNBSUWgFdsxlPegOKpSglrVAPKE_P19w/viewform
o For more information contact Nahshon D. Halevi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Westchester County is launching the Safe Sleep Campaign, which aims to prevent infant deaths attributed to unsafe sleeping environments. To sleep safely all babies should be sleeping ALONE, on their BACK and in a CRIB (ABC). The County has partnered with Feeding Westchester to distribute flyers in English and Spanish promoting the campaign.
Hope this information is helpful.