Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
STAY HOMEThe remnants of Hurricane Ida have devastated the Town. Just spoke with the Commissioner of Public Works, Rich Fon. Parts of Central Ave closed. 9A closed. 119 -don't drive on Route 119. Saw Mill River Parkway closed. Bronx River Parkway closed. Numerous street lights out. Traffic lights out. Some power outages. Water department offices and Theodore Young Community Center - flooded.
Town is overwhelmed with problems. We are currently preparing a list of road closures which I will forward as soon as I have the info. This is from the police chief -as of late last night. Will be updated.
In addition to an unprecedented number of streets and homes being flooded, we have the following conditions:
· Opening of the Emergency Shelter at the Veteran Park Multi-Purpose Room due to residents of the Florence Avenue area being flooded out of their homes. At the time of this writing, approximately 5 residents were being transported there.
· The shoulder of Whitehouse Road near Saw Mill River Road was washed away approximately 4 feet deep. Whitehouse Road between 9A and Biltom Road will be closed indefinitely.
· Mud slides that resulted in street closures on Pipeline Road, Saw Mill River Road and Hillside Avenue
· Downed trees and powerlines that caused damage to homes and vehicles
· Very small number of power outages (Winding Farm Road area)
· Cars flooded and abandoned throughout the town
· Residents stranded with no way to get home throughout the town