Activities to do at home
Below are some Do-It-Yourself videos
- 20 Minute Exercise Routine For Beginners and Active Seniors – This 20 minute low impact aerobic workout can be done inside your home or outside in your driveway or on your patio or deck. This workout is performed at a slow to moderate pace and is a great way for beginners or active seniors to start the day. 20 Minute Aerobic Workout
- Gentle Chair Yoga Routine - This 25 minute chair yoga routine was created LEAP Services in Toronto to provide you with a gentle exercise option that is chronic pain friendly. This routine is easy to follow with movements shown in both a typical and modified fashion. Gentle Chair Yoga Routine
- 30 Minute Gentle Chair Yoga - This 30 minute chair yoga sequence is the latest video released by therapists from LEAP Service. The gentle chair exercises are designed with 3 variations that will help you work within your therapeutic window. Square breathing and alternate nostril breathing exercises are also included. 30 Minute Gentle Chair Yoga
- Gentle Tai Chi and Qi Gong Routine - This gentle exercise video combines Tai Chi and Qi Gong with a variety of adaptations to help make the routine safe and comfortable for you. Developed by the therapists in Toronto Rehab’s LEAP Service (Living Engaged and Actively with Pain), this routine is great for starting a gentle exercise program at home. Gentle Tai Chi and Qi Gong Routine
- Chair Exercises For Seniors – This 20 minute senior exercise routine is great way to stay active in the comforts of your own home. No equipment necessary all you need is a chair! Chair Exercises For Seniors
- 20 Minute Chair Exercises Sitting Down Workout – Adults of all ages If you are looking to stay tone and keep active let trainers Cozak and Claudia take you through this full body 20 minute workout showing each exercise in both traditional and modified movement. 20 Minute Chair Exercises Sitting Down Workout
- Georgia Aquarium Live Webcams – Watch some of the most interesting sea life live in real time! Check in every day to see one of 9 different webcams of sea otters, jellyfish, penguins, ocean voyagers, beluga whales, seas lions & more.
Georgia Aquarium - Live Webcams
- Live Broadcasting from the National Aquarium – Watch one of the 3 exciting webcams! There’s nothing like experiencing the National Aquarium firsthand—but our live cams are the next best thing! Tune into our Blacktip Reef, Jellies Invasion and Pacific Coral Reef livestreams and enjoy a piece of the Aquarium from home. Not only can you view these amazing sites but each site has information on many creatures in each underwater living environment in addition to a fun activities like pictures to color and challenging word searches.
* Please note cameras are only live streaming during business hours. After hours please enjoy a previously recorded live stream segment.
National Aquarium Live Broadcasts
- Welcome to NASA - Interested in helping NASA solve tough problems? You are in the right place! This one-stop-shop website is where you’ll find opportunities to participate in challenges, prize competitions, and citizen science activities that develop solutions for problems related to NASA’s mission. Check out NASA Live where you can see groundbreaking science and technology, live views from space, listen to children’s books read by NASA astronauts as well as interviews with scientists and astronauts.
- San Diego Zoo Live! – Visit the world-renowned San Diego Zoo from the comforts of your own home. Check in on one of the 12 live webcams where you can see tigers, polar bears, elephants, Koalas and more in their natural habitats!
San Diego Zoo Live!
- National Marine Sanctuaries Virtual Dives - Immerse yourself in the ocean and your national marine sanctuaries without getting wet! These virtual reality voyages use 360-degree images to highlight the amazing habitats, animals, and cultural resources you can find in 9 different national marine sanctuary.
- Daytona International Speedway - Welcome to the Daytona International Speedway! Enjoy exploring this virtual tour experience of the track, seats and venue, inside and out! Check out the garage, walk pit road, sit in any seat at the track or join in on victory lane!
Daytona International Speedway
33 National Park Tours you can take virtually:
25 Amazing Virtual Field Trips for Kids – Spring 2020:
Activities To Do At Home – Children & Adults
- Indianapolis Children’s Museum - Even though the Indianapolis Children’s Museum is closed they are bringing it to you at home! Keep checking back as they continue to update their activities. Here you can participate in virtual events, Facebook LIVE with museum experts, DIY science projects, classroom connections and more!
- Boston Children’s Museum – Over 20 activity sheets to keep children of all ages busy for hours while giving them the opportunity to practice using their engineering, fine motor, creative skills and more through hands on experimentation with different household materials.
- Interactive Trivia Challenge – Children and adults of all ages challenge themselves or others against the clock in almost any category you can think of! Hours of fun testing your knowledge in categories such as movies, music, sports, geography, history and much much more!
- Beyond The Chalkboard – Click here to uncover over 100 different fun activities in the following categories; Science, Literacy, Culture, Health, Art, Math, Engineering and NASA!
US Sports institute runs programs in coordination with Parks & Recreation throughout the year . They have provided a link that provides some fun, at home instruction activities for the soccer families looking to keep active.
Follow this link https:unitedsocceracademy.com/club-soccer-services/footworx-videos.html.
(Not appropriate for the soccer squirts but for the older kids)
Greenburgh Parks and Recreation want to encourage parents to keep their children on the learning path. PBS kids is a free educational resource for toddlers - Pre-K students and offers a collection of printables that are geared to support kids in learning. Through PBS, kids can also hop on their favorite shows where games are designed to enrich their education.