The Greenburgh Police Department has established a way for the public to electronically request records under the Freedom of Information Law. This process involves a few easy steps: downloading our Freedom of Information Request Form, filling in the appropriate fields in the form on your computer and e-mailing the form to us. We will respond to your request within five business days of receipt of your request via e-mail or telephone.
1. Click HERE to go to obtain the Freedom of Information Form
2. Complete the top section of the form only.
3. Click FILE and then SAVE AS
4. In the SAVE IN field, browse to and select Desktop (or any other folder you will remember).
5. In the FILE NAME field, type a file name you will be able to easily recognize. (Example: Susans FOIL Request)
6. Click SAVE. The completed request form will now be saved to your desktop folder (or other folder of your choice).
7. Open your e-mail program, sign in and choose the option to compose a new e-mail.