Welcome to the Greenburgh Tax Office Website
This office collects annually, over a quarter billion dollars for the County, Town, Fire districts and 10 School districts located in Greenburgh. It is the largest municipal collection agency in Westchester.
Payments can be made in person, by mail or online
177 Hillside Avenue
Greenburgh, New York 10607
(914) 989 - 1550
For your convenience, there is a mailbox located in the lobby of Town Hall. Payments by check may be placed in the box, no cash please.
(An envelope addressed to our Lockbox in NYC is included with your tax bill)
The Tax Department is open Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm
*9am to 7pm on the last day of Tax Collection (4/30, 9/30 and 1/31)
ACH payments can be made online fee free
www.greenburghny.com scroll down to online payments (Using this option is fast and safe)
There is a $20.00 fee for returned checks.
Credit/Debit card payments can be made online with a variable IntelligentRate.
IntelligentRate provides a card rate based on the agreements made by your card issuer and the company we use to process the cards.
For payments of liens, please contact the Tax Office.
TO AVOID PENALTIES
PAYING BY MAIL
• We will accept a timely postmark from the USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL and Airborne
• Please note that no other postmarks will be accepted (i.e. Pitney Bowes meter stamps or foreign postmarks).
• When an envelope containing payment of taxes contains no US postmark date, payment of taxes is deemed to have been made on the date the payment was received.
PAYMENTS MADE BY "BANK PAY" ONLINE SERVICES DO NOT HAVE A US POSTMARK.
• If you are a new owner or have recently satisfied your mortgage please contact the Tax office (914)989-1550
• If you have received a bill in error (i.e no longer own) please contact the Tax office
• In the event that a resident receives their tax bill that should have gone to the bank, please contact your bank.
• If you reside in a Village, please contact your Village Hall for due dates
For the residents that have their taxes escrowed with a lending institutions, twice a year you will receive a copy of your tax bill for your review/records.
THESE BILLS ARE NOT FOR PAYMENT
If you need to update your mailing address, please contact the Tax Receiver’s office in writing at Receiver@greenburghny.com
THIRD PARTY REQUESTS
Forms are available for property owners that wish to designate a third party to receive a duplicate tax bill
According to the Real Property Tax Law §922, the failure to mail a tax bill or the failure of a property owner to receive the tax bill will not affect the validity of the taxes or interest prescribed by law.
New York State Real Property Tax Law §920, provides that the Tax Receiver has no authority to waive penalties on real estate taxes, for any reason.
The Office of the Tax Receiver is not a policy making office. We do not determine tax rates.