HART'S BROOK PARK AND PRESERVE
I. GENERAL REGULATIONS:
A. In addition to the penalties provided for by Town code, any violation of the rules
B. All persons using Hart's Brook Nature Preserve and Arboretum do so at their
C. The Town courts and staff assume no responsibility for loss of personal property.
D. The Commissioner or his authorized representative may, in his discretion, refuse
E. The preserve shall be deemed officially closed to the public between sunset and
II. PERMIT REQUIRED:
A. No person, group or organization of ten (10) or more people may enter the
B. The Commissioner or his authorized representative may, in his discretion, issue
C. Applications for any permits and/or programs shall be made to the
III. PROHIBITED ACTS:
A. Littering and pollution.
1. No person shall cause refuse of any sort to be left or deposited in the
2. No person shall cause any substance or gas to enter any drain sewer or
B. B. Property. No person shall injure, deface, alter, remove or destroy any property
C. Advertising. No person shall distribute or place any signs, banners or literature
D. Protection of plant and animal life. No person shall remove, destroy, deface or
E. Fires and smoking. No person shall kindle, build or maintain a fire. Smoking is
F. Bathing and swimming. No person shall wade or swim in any preserve waters.
G. Wheel skating, horseback riding, coasting and bicycling. No person shall skate
H. No person shall engage in flying model airplanes or kites or manipulating rockets,
I. No person shall, in the park preserve, throw, catch, kick or strike any ball or
J. Gambling. No gambling shall be permitted.
K. Firearms, weapons and explosives. No person shall bring or have in his
L. Alcoholic beverages. The consumption of beer, ale, wine or other alcoholic
M. Loitering. No person shall loiter or remain in the preserve or park area after the
N. Animals. No person shall bring any animal into the preserve unless specifically
O. Peddling. No person shall exhibit, sell or offer for sale or hire any object,
P. No person shall tent or camp or erect or maintain a shelter in the park
Q. Q. Prohibited conduct. No person shall within the park:
1. Disobey or disregard any direction of a police officer, park employee or
2. Use threatening, abusive or insulting language.
3. Do any obscene or indecent act as defined by the Penal Law of the State
4. Throw stones or other objects.
5. Solicit alms, subscriptions or contributions for any purpose.
6. Interfere with, encumber or obstruct passage in any part of the preserve.
7. Climb or lie upon any wall, fence or other structure.
8. Enter or leave the preserve except at established entranceways or
9. Attempt to use or gain admittance to the facilities in the preserve for
10. Enter or remain on park preserve premises in a state of intoxication or
R. R. Fishing.
S. S. Amplified music.
T. Water. No person shall use any watercraft including, but not limited to, boats,
A. A. Traffic control. All persons shall comply with the directions of police officers and
B. B. Restriction on vehicles. Vehicles, such as trucks and trailers constructed for or
C. Omnibuses. No person shall drive or operate within the preserve any omnibus
D. D. Soliciting passengers. No person shall solicit passengers for any vehicle in the
E. E. Hitchhiking. No person shall attempt to stop any vehicle in the park preserve for
F. F. Restricted areas. No person shall operate a vehicle in the preserve within or upon
G. G. Driving instruction. Instruction in operating automobiles or motorcycles is
H. H. Obstructing traffic. No person shall cause or permit any obstruction of traffic by
I. I. Towing. No person shall cause or permit a vehicle to be towed or pushed by
J. J. Removal of vehicles. All stalled or disabled vehicles must be removed from the
K. K. No person in the preserve may grease, lubricate, wash, clean or make repairs to