1. Appoint members of the Affordable Housing Committee that the Town Board established last year. Done – appointments made at March 14th Town Board meeting
2. Move the STAR office into the actual Assessment Department in order for better utilization of space DONE
3. Update GIS to facilitate better usage between departments and the public. Approved in capital budget DONE
4. Have all departments utilize standard documentation retention and email retention policy DONE
5. Reduce the use of outside counsel DONE
6. Finalize policy of subdivision by deed NOT DONE
7.Increase fines for construction work without permits NOT DONE
8. Scan historic permits into database. DONE
9. Post and update court dispositions on website. DONE
10. Approve franchise agreement with cablevision not done
COMMUNITY CENTER OUTREACH
11. Start SAT preparation summer camp for students not done
12. Initiate at least one new program to prepare young people to meet challenges of adolescence and young adulthood. Also, initiate a new program for entire family. The program could include family fun night, game night, movie or leisure trips DONE Programs included Yaffa cultural arts program; Black History Celebration: When the Village Comes Together; Community Super Sunday; Intergenerational Celebration;
13. Upgrade internal communications– provide Board with memo indicating how this was done. done (10/03)
14. SaveCommunityHospital at Dobbs Ferry – work with State lawmakers, hospital administrators & community on plan so hospital will not close down at end of 2007. Hospital will not close at end of 2007. Agreement with state being finalized DONE
15. Conduct an actuarial review to determine the cost of projected post employment benefits, other than pension benefits, as required by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statement No 45. Board hired firm to commence study Feb 28 DONE
16. Review policies for computer and Internet usage DONE
17. Approve fund balance policy DONE 12/17
18. Hold meeting with representatives of Con Ed and residents who have experienced frequent power outages. Work with Con Ed to develop proactive measures to help reduce possibility of future outages on streets that have experienced outages. Meeting held – Feb 15 DONE
19. Obtain funding to keep drug court operational. court will stay operational. Funding secured. Received call from Congresswoman Lowey’s office advising that federal dollars will be given to the court
20. Designate additional funds in fund balance for courthouse expansion Town Board, on Feb 27th, directed comptroller to designate a million dollars in fund balance for court house expansion DONE
EAST HARTSDALE AVE. PARKING
21. Improve security at Hartsdale parking – parking garage, pipeline using updated technology. Internet camera funded not done (camera funded,but not obtained)
22. Formally appoint committee to review parking needs for East Hartsdale Ave residents. Develop preliminary recommendations as to next steps town should take to address parking. committee formed. Committee organized candidates forum. Public hearing held- re: lifting overnight parking ban. Bd experimented with a new parking law. The law was not successful and was repealed. Meeting to come up with additional suggestions scheduled for January. DONE
23. Recognize employees of the town who have worked for the town for 20 years, 30 years. Long time employees received clocks. DONE
24. Approve energy conservation policy for commercial development NO I MADE A PROPOSAL TO THE BOARD LAST DECEMBER, AND MET WITH THE PLANNING BOARD IN FEBRUARY TO DISCUSS OPTIONS. IN FOLLOWING UP WITH THE PLANNING BOARD, WAS TOLD THAT THE DESIRE WAS TO INCORPORATE THIS ISSUE INTO THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN THAT WILL BE DEVELOPED.] not done
25. Hold public educational event about climate change action HELD GREEN LIVING FAIR AND HAVE ONGOING LOBBY DISPLAY ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE ACTION DONE
26. Hold event on energy efficiency for businesses, focusing on Central Ave. area . ORGANIZED, COSPONSORED AND PARTICIPATED IN AN EVENT WITH THE
BUILDING & REALTY INSTITUTE ON ENERGY EFFICIENCY FOR MULTIFAMILY BUILDINGS;
MANY OF THOSE ATTENDING OWN OR MANAGE BUILDINGS IN GREENBURGH. DONE
27. Develop a clean transportation plan for town vehicles to include expanding the town’s use of alternative fuel vehicles in its fleet, diesel emissions reductions and vehicle idling reduction in compliance with applicable statute HAVE BEEN WORKING ON PLAN, WILL COMPLETE BY END OF YEAR. WE HAVE ALSO AGREED TO PARTICIPATE IN NYPA'S GREEN ZONES PROGRAM FOR CLEAN-ENERGY OFF-ROAD VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT IN OUR PARKS. Done
28. Implement program to introduce ride sharing and commuter choice options to the public as well as town employees (in order to reduce VMTs, Vehicle Miles Traveled) HELD "COMMUTER TRANSPORTATION ALTERNATIVES INFORMATION" EVENT IN JANUARY.
THIS WEEK WE PROPOSE (PENDING BOARD APPROVAL) TO ANNOUNCE OUR CAMPAIGN TO
PROMOTE RIDE-SHARING THROUGH NURIDE. IN ADDITION, METROPOOL WAS AN EXHIBITOR AT OUR GREEN LIVING FAIR IN APRIL, AND NEXT WEEK I WILL BE TAPING AN INTERVIEW WITH THE CEO OF METROPOOL TO AIR ON THE GREENBURGH CABLE "ENERGY SHOW." Done
29. Increase the number of farmer’s participating in the farmer’s market on East Hartsdale Avenue. DONE
30. Present Town Board with options (including acquisition of property/conservation overlay zones/compromise) to protect GreenburghNatureCenter from development that can have a negative impact on wildlife/habitats/eco system. Reach out to state/county/private individuals to determine if a partnership can be established regarding possible acquisition of property not done
LEAF COLLECTION- PUBLIC WORKS
31. Provide additional resources to leaf collection – including additional overtime to employees. Additional overtime authorized for leaf collection. Done - equipment
32. Prepare RFP – investigate use of outside contractors to assist town in collection of leaves Not done
33. DemolishOldTown Hall. Provide public with periodic updates at Town Board meetings. Stay within budget. demolished old town hall. Periodic updates DONE
34. Work with library on satellite library services(East Hartsdale Ave., GreenburghNatureCenter) if requested by library board. Worked with library on satellite library services. Outdoor furniture donated Town Hall. DONE
35. Present public with quarterly usage reports – indicating how many books taken out of each of the satellite locations Greenburgh Public Library Circulation Statistics January - November 2007 .) Circulation - all Month locations Jan-07 6,553 Feb-07 17,684 Mar-07 22,176 Apr-07 May-07 21,165 Jun-07 24,042 Jul-07 27,643 Aug-07 27,336 Sep-07 22,263 Oct-07 24,171 Nov-07 23,217 TOTAL 216,250 Done
36. Landscape and improve park: Webb Field –with funds obtained from federal government. Bid will be awarded at Town Board Meeting 9/26/07. Work will be completed by years end. DONE
37. BuildDogPark,EastRumbrookPark, as part of the Phase II East Rumbrook Park Improvement Project. Funding has been approved and bid documents are being developed. Bid should take place in 2008. Not done.
38. Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Westchester County in developing a children’s garden program at the Hart’s Brook Park & Preserve. Done.
39. Create a new Halloween-Fall Festival special event at the Hart’s Brook Park & Preserve that will utilize the facilities to include a hayride, entertainment and games. Event took place on October 20th. Done.
40. Go out to bid and complete construction of the first phase of for the Travis Hill Park Improvement Project Finalizing bid documents, and hope to go out to bid by the end of 2007. Not done.
41. Re-shingle the restroom roofs at the Anthony Veteran Pool complex. Done
42. Complete entrance beautification for WashingtonAve.Park. Done
43. Increase shading at the MassaroPark and Anthony Veteran Park Pool complex. Done.
44. Finalize trail design and complete the building of trails for the Taxter Ridge Park Preserve. Done
45. Organize and host a local Hershey Track and Field Development meet for Greenburgh residents ages 7-14. This track meet will be held in conjunction with the National Recreation and Park Association. Co-sponsorship will also be sought with other village recreation departments in Greenburgh. DONE held on June 9.
46. In addition to the outdoor movie shown at the annual Celebrate Greenburgh Day at VeteranPark, show two other outdoor movies during the summer in other town owned neighborhood parks. Done.
POLICE: CERT TEAM
47. Assist CERT team with efforts to promote program. Publish color brochures. DONE
48. Place a prominent display in the Town Hall lobby encouraging volunteers. DONE
49. Complete procedures for and implementation of a credit card bail program that will expedite the release of defendant from police custody. DONE
50. Completion of the federal requirements to make the town compliant with the National Incident Management System (NIMS). Not done.
51. Implementation of pilot project using broadband technology to remotely monitor an area where specific offenses have taken place. funding approved checkmaple camera remotely--camera has not been acquired Not done
52. Install generator at Town Hall. generator installed Done
53. Conduct feasibility review: regarding illuminating some signs on key roads. Work with state officials to review feasibility of placing illuminated signs on Central Ave, 119 and 9A. Not done.
54. Prepare an assessment, which shall be retained as a document (3 ring binders) available to management of products and use practices that will reduce or minimize the risks of harmful effects to employees, custodial workers, visitors and other building occupants and to the environment. DONE
QUALITY OF LIFE
55.Town Board should vote on tree law legislation. approved law concerning tree cutting/ Con Ed Done
56. Present to Town Board proposed abandoned homes legislation Not done
57. Approve moratorium on residential development on Central Avenue. Not done.
58. Hold public hearing on modified sidewalk policy. Not done.
59. Hold meeting with federal/state/county officials re: flood control along BronxRiver. Meeting held. Done
60. Appoint members of Direct Access Task Force – Ridge Hill Committee. Provide periodic updates to public regarding status of direct access. Ridge Hill appointees named at Town Board meeting Feb 28 DONE
61. Select consultant to assist in reviewing TZ bridge options. vince ferrandino selected to conduct TZ bridge study Done.
62. All meetings of Town Board should end no later than 11:15 PM, unless there is unanimous consent. Not done.
63. Appoint Joint Task Force consisting of Ardsley/Greenburgh representatives to determine future of waterwheel property. Develop plans for affordable housing at the site for volunteer firefighters, municipal employees. Task Force appointed. Done.
64. Dispose of property at 27 Main Street, Dobbs Ferry. Work with Dobbs Ferry officials. Not done.
65. Incorporate recommendations of State Comptroller re: A & B budget. Continue to have dialogue with village/unincorporated leaders regarding A & B budget issues. Done.
66. Review state comptroller’s opinion, renegotiate agreement with neighborhood so that intent of WESTHELP partnership agreement previously approved by the Town Board can continue. Not done.
67. Assist Greenburgh Library in making its local history collection available to the public during its stay as a satellite libraryat Town Hall. The collection will be located in the town historian’s office. New programs and exhibits to be initiated. The collection has been in the historian's office during 2007, and access has been available to the public either by request at the Library Reference Desk or by contacting the Town Historian for an appointment. The library staff and the historian have also been partnering in efforts to further the conservation and preservation of the collection. Steps have been taken to initiate new programs and exhibits. Done
68. Participate in on going planning stages of Hudson Fulton Champlain celebration scheduled for 2009. Explore town’s role as an original river town. The Town Historian attended an earlier presentation on the celebration by Barbara Fratianni, Deputy Executive Director of the Commission, at which she encouraged communities to participate and plan their own local events. The Greenburgh Greenway Committee (GGC) partnered with the Village of Ardsley and its Greenway Committee and the SAR on a Heritage New York grant project involving the Old Road to Dobbs Ferry. In October of this year six W3R Revolutionary War Heritage Trail markers were installed along the route, four in Ardsley and two in Greenburgh on the Odell House property. A dedication ceremony is planned for some time in the first half of 2008 at the Odell House, which could also be advertised as an H-F-C Quadricentennial event. Work on our other Washington - Rochambeau Greenway grant project will also continue to focus on the importance of the Philipsburg Encampment in 1781, which extended from White Plains through Greenburgh to the Hudson River at Dobbs Ferry..... We should continue to work with the villages on our early history since Greenburgh has always been a river town. We should also continue to work on our Greenway trails that have been proposed to connect to the villages on the Hudson. I also recommend that we should make another attempt to partner in some way with the Historic Rivertowns of Westchester and increase unincorporated Greenburgh's involvement in heritage tourism. Done
69. Work to preserve the town’s important historical buildings and sites, which have been investigated and compiled in a reconnaissance level historic resource survey.
The Town Historian serves as a liaison to the Historic Preservation and Landmark Board (HLPB). Throughout the year, I have been attending the monthly meetings of the HLPB and have worked along with members of the Board, including making field trips, when possible, to visit those buildings and sites that are being considered for their historic value and possible landmark status....As Co-Chairman of the Greenburgh Greenway Committee, I've continued to work on projects involving the preservation of the Odell House (Rochambeau's Headquarters) and the recognition of other important sites of the historic Philipsburg Encampment. Done.