A number of residents of the Fairview Fire district had contacted me --advising me that they were planning to attend the meeting tonight of the Fairview Fire District to oppose the funding and hiring of an Executive Deputy Chief. I called the Fire district a few minutes ago. That meeting has been cancelled due to the weather. It's my hope that new positions will not be funded---they are not necessary. I have been advised that new hirings will cost the taxpayers $160,000. And, will result in unnecessary tax hikes for residents of the Fairview Fire district. In addition, if the positions are funded and the Fairview fire district does not comply with the tax cap, you may not be eligible to receive your NYS tax credit if legislation is approved in Albany that is under consideration.
http://www.hartsdaleparking.com/-----------that is the website of the Hartsdale parking district. For information on snow related matters that impact the district.
Most recent info from emergency management...
Weather (National Weather Service):
Winter Storm Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
1130 AM EST THU FEB 13 2014
...STRONG WINTER STORM CONTINUES THROUGH TONIGHT...
* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 10 TO 16 INCHES...ALONG
WITH AROUND A TRACE OF ICE. HIGHEST AMOUNTS FARTHER NORTH AND
* WINDS...NORTH 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S.
* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.
* TIMING...HEAVY SNOW WILL TAPER OFF TO LIGHT FREEZING RAIN AND
RAIN BY EARLY AFTERNOON...BEFORE CHANGING BACK TO MODERATE TO
HEAVY SNOW TONIGHT. THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF AFTER MIDNIGHT.
* IMPACTS...SNOWFALL WILL MAKE TRAVEL TREACHEROUS. HEAVY...WET
SNOW WILL LIKELY BRING DOWN SOME TREE LIMBS AND POWER LINES.
WEAK...FLAT ROOF STRUCTURES MAY ALSO BE SUSCEPTIBLE TO
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...
AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
324 AM EST THU FEB 13 2014
NORTHERN FAIRFIELD-NORTHERN NEW HAVEN-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX- NORTHERN NEW LONDON-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN- SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX-SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-WESTERN PASSAIC- EASTERN PASSAIC-HUDSON-WESTERN BERGEN-EASTERN BERGEN-WESTERN ESSEX- EASTERN ESSEX-WESTERN UNION-EASTERN UNION-ORANGE-PUTNAM-ROCKLAND- NORTHERN WESTCHESTER-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)-BRONX- RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-KINGS (BROOKLYN)-NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-NORTHERN QUEENS-NORTHERN NASSAU-
324 AM EST THU FEB 13 2014
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST FRIDAY...
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT...NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY AND SOUTHEAST NEW YORK.
.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.
PLEASE LISTEN TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR GO TO WEATHER.GOV ON THE INTERNET FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE FOLLOWING HAZARDS.
WINTER STORM WARNING.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.
NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME THAT WOULD MEET NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WARNING CRITERIA.
.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...
WEATHER SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT SIGNIFICANT WEATHER CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES.
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK PROVIDES A SUMMARY OF POTENTIAL WIDESPREAD HAZARDOUS WEATHER EVENTS THAT MAY REACH NWS WARNING CRITERIA. MOST LONG FUSED NWS WATCHES...WARNINGS AND ADVISORIES IN EFFECT ARE HIGHLIGHTED.
PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST NWS FORECASTS FOR WEATHER NOT MEETING NWS WARNING CRITERIA.
Snowfall reports (NWS Weather Spotters or as noted) WESTCHESTER COUNTY...
HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON 9.5 1040 AM 2/13 PUBLIC
YONKERS 8.5 1000 AM 2/13 TRAINED SPOTTER
WHITE PLAINS 5.0 914 AM 2/13 TRAINED SPOTTER
* Roadways: http://www.511ny.org/
* BRP(Open): Snowing heavy. Roadways are snow covered. DPW/DOT are out plowing. (Scheduled to close 1330)
* HRP(Open): Snowing heavy. Roadways are snow covered. DPW/DOT are out plowing.
* SMRP(Open): Snowing heavy. Roadways are snow covered. DPW/DOT are out plowing.
* CCP(Open): Snowing heavy. Roadways are snow covered. DPW/DOT are out plowing.
* Playland PKWY(Open): Snowing heavy. Roadways are snow covered. DPW/DOT are out plowing
* Other Roads: Town of Ossining - Snow covered roadway heavy snow but passable Town of Ossining is out plowing.
* Other Events Past 1 Hour: Help Trucks in service as of 0500hrs will do 1 loop an hour unless requested, otherwise they will remain Stationary Patrol. NO TIRE CHANGES TODAY.
Road Closure due to a Downed Tree – NS State Hwy 125 at Bonnie Briar Lane, V/Mamaroneck. Reported by R8-9 – Incident # 342,570
NYS Thruway Authority reports I-87 area Tappan Zee Bridge, speed limit reduced to 35 mph. – Incident # 342,520
Feb. 13, 2014: Bee-Line buses and ParaTransit vehicles are operating with approximately 45 minute delays.
These routes are traveling on standard snow detours:
* Routes 1C, 15, 40 and 41 are avoiding Westchester Community College.
* Routes 5, 7 and 8 are avoiding Elm St. between New School St. and Nepperhan Ave. The bus travels on School St. to Nepperhan Ave. instead.
* Route 6U-no service in the Uniontown area of Hastings. The bus will travel like the regular Route 6 using Broadway instead.
* Routes 8 and 32-avoiding Nodine Hill. Detour will travel on Nepperhan Ave. between Elm St. and Walnut St.
* Route 9-service suspended due to impassable roads.
* Routes 13 and 19-no service to the Ossining Railroad Station. Service will start and end at Spring St. and Waller Ave.
* Route 16-no service to Strawberry Rd. and Lexington Ave. The bus will operate on Rt. 6 instead.
* Route 30–no service on Stone Ave. and Fortfield Ave. in Yonkers. The bus will travel on Lockwood Ave. and Mile Square Rd. instead.
* Route 60- no service on Bryant Ave. or Old Mamaroneck Rd. The bus will remain on Mamaroneck Ave.
Westchester County Airport: Airport OPEN but passengers should check with their carriers for specific flight information http://airport.westchestergov.com/checkflightstatus
* Metro-North Railroad Service:
* Metro-North will operate reduced service due to the winter storm with some local and express trains that serve adjacent stations being combined and making additional stops.
* This service plan represents 75% of our regular service and is based on projected lower ridership and our efforts to minimize the effects of the storm on our equipment and infrastructure. The combined trains were chosen to minimize customer impacts and to get customers to their destination within 10-15 minutes of their normal time
* ConEdison: (8) outages Eastchester (1) Mamaroneck (6) Larchmont (1)
* NYSEG: (0)
* Numerous public and private schools have reported closures for Thursday (2/13/2014) -http://closings.news12.com/school_closings.jsp?region=WC
Local & Regional Impacts:
Visit our web site at www.greenburghny.com and view archived Supervisors Reports.
To unsubscribe to list send an e-mail to:
Please put the following in the body of the e-mail: