weekend update from www.rivertownsguide.com
Great News!! The Annual Dobbs Ferry Music Series Returns!
Wednesdays, June 23 - Wednesday, August 25 from 6:30pm - 8pm
FREE. Watch our Home Page for schedule of bands and more info. Presented by Jazz Forum Arts and the Village of Dobbs Ferry.
- Annual Arts Bash Open House. ArtsWestchester
- Hank Cash
- The Great Saw Mill River Clean-up
- The Open Air Family Music Festival
- Opening Reception: Show & Tell
- Westchester County Amateur Photo Contest Awards Ceremony & Reception
- LaTeena Teen Empowerment Conference
- Artists on Location : Spring Art Auctions
- "Singin' in the Rain": $5 Movie Night
- Urban H20: Listen Local… Fresh Music from the Hudson Valley
- "For the Love of Money"
- RiverArts presents Annual Contemporary Dance Event - RIOULT
- Beatles Tribute!
- Björn Again!
- Johnny Feds & Da Bluez Boyz
- Bicycle Sundays Begin
- Carolyn Cohagan reading from her latest novel "The Lost Children"
- Family Day: Puppets
- Pinkster - An African-American Celebration Of Spring
- "Otello" by Verdi
- Matt Turk
- Reading Between the Lines: Water Wars: Privatization, Pollution and Profit by Vandana Shiva
- Popcorn & Puppet Festival
- Sunset Reading Series
E Hartsdale Farmers Market Looking for Musicians
Town Clerk Judith Beville is looking for Musicians who are willing to donate their time and talent to our summer outdoor concert series at the Farmers Market. Email TOWNCLERK@GREENBURGHNY.COM if you would like to perform. There will be more farmers...more vendors...more food and choices. The market begins Saturday, June 19th from 8:30 AM to 1 PM on E Hartsdale Ave.
Farmers Markets on Facebook
Join the Facebook Pages for updates and schedules for the
Rivertowns Farmers Markets
Tarrytown Farmers Market – Opening Day Saturday, May 29 (no Facebook page)
Dobbs Ferry Farmers Market: Opening Day Friday, June 4
Hastings Farmers Market: Opening Day Summer Market Saturday, June 5 (May 8 Market also scheduled)
Irvington Farmers Market: Every Wednesday, 3:30pm – 7:30pm
Festivals, Fairs, & Markets: Spring Community Events . . . . .
Spring Fairs and Festivals
- Friday, May 21: Tarrytown Third Friday: Third Annual Birdhouse Building Competition & more
- Friday, June 4: Opening Day Dobbs Ferry Farmers Market (Cedar Street)
- Saturday, June 5: Opening Day Hastings Summer Farmers Market (Library Lot)
- Sunday, June 6: Tarrytown’s 23rd Annual Main Street Fair
- Friday, June 18: Tarrytown Third Friday
- Friday, June 11: Hastings Friday Night LIVE: “Town Square” (Warburton Closed to Traffic)
“Best of” Film Series at Irvington Town Hall Theater
-- Sunday, May 16 @ 1:00pm – “Otello by Verdi”
-- Wednesday, June 2 @ 8pm – “White Ribbon”
-- Wednesday, June 9 @ 8pm – “Terribly Happy”
The HudsonIndependent.Com also has a website with a calendar and news. Some events that they are posting:
Meet Author Barbara Dee: At 7 p.m. this award-winning children’s writer will talk at the Irvington Public Library. Call 591-7840 or visit www.IrvingtonLibrary.org.
Irvington Farmers Market: From 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Irvington Senior Center, 29 Bridge St.
Bike Safety: Children should bring their bikes and helmets at 6 p.m. to the Irvington Public Library to listen to a talk and ride a small obstacle course. Call 591-7840 or visit www.IrvingtonLibrary.org.
Third Friday in Tarrytown: Come to Main St. & Broadway from 5 p.m. to celebrate Mother’s Day. Call 374-5884 or visit www.sleepyhollowchamber.com.
Irvington Public Library, 914-591-7840, pber...@wlsmail.org
Creatures of Woodfrog Pond: At 2 p.m. explore the world of Woodfrog Pond at the Greenburgh Nature Center in Scarsdale. Call 723-3470 or visit www.greenburghnaturecenter.org.
Opera Anecdotes: From 10:30 a.m. to noon Lu Gmoser will talk about three popular operas and play musical excerpts at JCC on the Hudson in Tarrytown. Call 366-7898 or e-mail i...@jcconthehudson.org.
Music: Phil Dollard returns to the Black Cat Café in Irvington from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Call 231-9060 or visit www.blackcatchef.com.
Concert: The Dark Star Orchestra will perform at 7 p.m. at the Tarrytown Music Hall. Call 877-840-0457 or visit www.tarrytownmusichall.org.
Concert: The Neville Brothers will perform at 8 p.m. at the Tarrytown Music Hall. Call 877-840-0457 or visit www.tarrytownmusichall.org.
Animals & Acrobats: From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. enjoy the fun of an early American traveling circus at Van Cortlandt Manor in Croton. Call 631-8200 or visit www.hudsonvalley.org. Also May 30 & 31.
www.thehudsonindependent.com <http://www.thehudsonindependent.com> for news and activities.
www.tarrytownpatch <http://www.tarrytownpatch> . com for more news and activities.
www.scarsdale10583.com <http://www.scarsdale10583.com> news about Edgemont and Hartsdale