- Farmers Markets: Dobbs Ferry, Hastings, Tarrytown, E. Hartsdale
- Evening Star Show in Yonkers
- Closing Weekend: Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival
- Free Entertainment in Dobbs Ferry and Ardsley
- Westchester Kennel Club Dog Show
- "Way Back When" Sidewalk Sale, The Hartsdale Village
- The Green Corn Festival @ Philipsburg Manor, Sleepy Hollow
- Jonathan Kruk, Storyteller, Irvington Public Library
- Beach Party, Fundraiser, Millwood Swim Club, Millwood
- Hot Tuna, Tarrytown
- Labor Day Antiques & Farmers Holiday Market, Pound Ridge
- Open Labor Day: Hudson River Museum
Go to http://www.rivertownsguide.comfor more information on these and many more events this weekend.
Amateur Photography Contest
A Quadricentennial Celebration of the Hudson River
The Rivertown libraries of Dobbs Ferry, Hastings-on-Hudson, and Irvington invite you to submit photographs of the Hudson River. There will be two groupings for judging: Photographers under 18 years old and Photographers 18 and older. All entries will be exhibited from September 12th until October 24th, 2009. Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 17 from 4pm - 5pm.Submissions will be accepted at Dobbs Ferry Library through September 9. Go to http://hastingslibrary.org/ for details.
An Exhibition Opportunity in the Arts Exchange Gallery. ArtsWestchester
Announces “Fumetto” Competition. DEADLINE: September 17th
Westchester-based artists are invited to submit their work on climate change as part of our “Fumetto” Competition. “Fumetto”, ArtsWestchester’s fall exhibition, will be the third in a series of exhibitions concerning environmental sustainability sponsored by Swiss Re. Go to http://tinyurl.com/ArtsWestchester for the details.
DON’T FORGET! – September 11, 12, & 13..……….
- Fall Crafts at Lyndhurst
- Lights on Irvington: A Vintage Village Weekend Celebration 1909 - 2009
- The 3rd Annual “Take Me to the River” GrassRoots Music Festival, Hastings
- Dobbs Ferry Festa
- Yonkers Riverfest 2009
- Eco-Fair, Tarrytown
- The Hudson River Swim for Life, Nyack to Sleepy Hollow
- Native American Day
- Street Fair and Second Sunday, Sleepy Hollow
- New York Metro Reptile Expo
Visit http://www.rivertownsguide.com/20localevents.phpfor all of the details on these and many other events in the coming weeks.
ARE YOU OUT OF WORK. VISIT www.linkedin.com (Greenburgh Jobs Group) for job opportunities!