The Theodore D. Young Community Center of the Town of Greenburgh will mark August 8th, 2009 as their Annual Family Day with a variety of sports, vendors, amusements, entertainment, recreational swim, food, arts and crafts for the entire family.
The theme for the day is “Encouraging Unity, Knowledge and Family Fun”. In 2008 the Annual Family Day exceeded 800 people in attendance, it was a tremendous success that unified the community under this current theme. The TDYCC is located on Manhattan Ave, off of Route 119 (across from the shopping center)
For further information, please contact: E. Lee Trollinger, Jr.
E Hartsdale Ave farmer's market on Saturday morning and early afternoon---two musicians will perform...
- Farmers Markets: Dobbs Ferry, Hastings, Tarrytown, E. Hartsdale
- High School Musical 2 in Tarrytown
- FREE Jazz in Yonkers and Tarrytown
- Free Music in Hastings, Dobbs, Ardsley
- Family Day in Greenburgh
- Colonial Games Day in Yonkers
- Mohegan Colony Storytelling and Music Festival near Peekskill in Crompond
- Peekskill Jazz Festival
- Free Tours of The Clearwater Sloop in Nyack
- Second Sunday in Sleepy Hollow: Celebrating The Caribbean
- River Day in Croton on Hudson
- “The Magic of Boomerangs” Celebration in Scarsdale
- Writing the Hudson: Considering the River at Wave Hill
- Native American Dancing at HRM
- Music Festival in Nyack
- Magic in Ardsley
Go to http://www.rivertownsguide.com for more information on these and many more events this weekend.
Mark Your Calendar..……….
- Blood Drive at Hastings Public Library. Wednesday, August 12 from 2pm - 7:30pm
- Hudson River Quadricentennial at Waterfront Park on the Hudson River, Dobbs Ferry on Sunday, August 16 from noon - 6pm. Jazz Forum Arts presents a Jazz concert featuring Mark Morgalleli and the Jazz Forum Arts All Stars.
- Hudson River ECO Reggae & World Music Fest in Croton, Saturday, August 22, gates open at 11am, Noon - 8pm
Visit http://www.rivertownsguide.com/20localevents.php for all of the details on these and many other events in the coming weeks.
Weekday Events for Kids……
Go to http://tiny.cc/NySKh to find great programs for kids of all ages. Check back often, new events added daily.