l0 REASONS WHY ANDY SPANO'S PROPOSED BUDGET AS IT IMPACTS PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION WILL HAVE A DEVASTATING IMPACT ON WESTCHESTER COUNTY
Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner is encouraging Greenburgh residents to lobby the County Executive, Andy Spano, and Board of Legislators not to eliminate 8 of the county's nine shuttle bus routes, not to eliminate 9 Bee Line bus routes or reduce service on 45 other routes.
Feiner said that the proposed budget will have major negative consequences on the future of Westchester.
l) Curtailing bus service will have a devastating impact on quality of life.
2) Reducing bus service will DECREASE PROPERTY VALUES IN WESTCHESTER.
3) It will be much more difficult for people to hire homecare workers to care for their medical needs.
4)Young families will have a much more difficult time finding babysitters and nannies to address child care needs.
5) Commuters who who do not have cars will face difficulties getting to work.
6) Train stations in Westchester County do not have adequate parking. Where will the existing cars park?
7) There is a lack of affordable housing in Westchester. Many people who work in Westchester live outside Westchester and depend on public transportation.
8) It will be more difficult to attract and retain employees.
9) Westchester will have a difficult time competing with neighboring counties to attract high quality corporations and businesses.
10)Employees who currently depend on public transportation won't be as productive.