INSTRUCTIONS FOR NOVEMBER 14, 2017 TOWN PUBLIC AUCTION
On Tuesday, November 14th at 2 p.m., at Greenburgh Town Hall, 177 Hillside Avenue, the Town will conduct a public auction of 54 surplus Town-owned properties which the Town received last year pursuant to a judgement of foreclosure. The properties include single-family homes, apartments, vacant properties in both commercial and residential neighborhoods, and one pond or land under water. Registration for interested bidders begins at 10 a.m. and ends at 1:00 p.m. on November 14th . Properties will be sold to the highest bidder.
To bid on a property an interested bidder must complete and submit the Bidder Registration Form identifying the Parcel I.D., account number and location of the property the bidder is interested in, along with a bank check, certified check, money order or cash in the amount of 10% of the bid offered for the property. The Bidder Registration Form must be delivered to Town Hall with the 10% deposit, in a sealed envelope, between the hours of 10 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. The sealed bids will then be placed in larger envelopes in the Town Clerk’s Office corresponding to the Auction Numbers of the properties. At 2 p.m. the sealed bids will be opened and read out loud in the Town Hall Auditorium and the winning bidders will sign a Bid Confirmation Form and Memorandum of Sale outlining the terms and conditions of sale. A successful bidder is not required to be present for the bid opening. Please review the Terms and Conditions of Sale below before submitting a bid.
Please keep in mind that the Town will only accept bids that are equal to or greater than the upset price indicated on the list of properties for sale. The upset price was determined after considering several factors including the assessed value of the property, the condition of the property and the amount of back taxes owed on the property prior to foreclosure. Any bid that does not offer an amount equal to or greater than the upset price will be rejected. Properties not sold at the auction will either be included in a future auction or otherwise deposed of by private sale.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. All offers are subject to final approval by the Greenburgh Town Board:
2. Subject to the provisions of paragraph 10 below, a nonrefundable deposit of 10 percent of the successful bid must be paid in cash, bank check or bank certified funds at the time of auction:
3. Legal fees of 10 percent of the purchase price or $400.00, whichever is less, shall be added to the total purchase price;
4. The balance of the purchase price must be paid in cash or bank check or by bank certified funds within sixty (60) days after acceptance of the offering price, unless otherwise arranged at the sole discretion of the Town of Greenburgh;
5. Arrangements for payment of the balance of the purchase price and delivery of the deed shall be made with the office of the Town Attorney
6. The purchaser and the Town shall, at the time and place of auction, sign a Memorandum of Sale and Binder Agreement to comply with terms and conditions of the successful bid;
7. If the successful bidder (Purchaser) fails to comply with the conditions described above, the property may be offered and sold to any other purchaser in the sole discretion of the Town, with or without public auction. In such event, the Town shall retain any deposit to the town as liquidated damages;
8. Property is sold as-is in all respects, including but not limited to permitted uses, zoning ordinances, covenants, easements, and restrictions of records, existing tenancies and/or pending litigation, and to the terms and conditions of sale as contained in the Notice of Auction;
9. The deed issued will be a Quitclaim Deed;
10. The Town reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to accept or reject any bid or to remove any property from the auction at any time prior to the delivery of the deed to the property. Any deposits with respect to rejected bids or withdrawn properties shall be refunded to the successful bidder(s).
Further information on the above properties may be obtained from the office of the Town Attorney, Greenburgh Town Hall, 177 Hillside Avenue, Greenburgh, New York (914) 989-1615