December 13, 2018
News & Information
Select News to View
Back to Article List
HARTSDALE ROTARY TO PRESENT GREENBURGH LIBRARY WITH NEW COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD SATURDAY
Release Date: June 22, 2016
HARTSDALE ROTARY TO PRESENT LIBRARY WITH NEW COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD
Janet Kuney of the Hartsdale Rotary will make a presentation at the beginning of the Greenburgh Town Board meeting tonight at 7:30 PM. A Ribbon Cutting Ceremony will be held on Saturday, June 25th at 2 p.m.
at the Greenburgh Public Library. The Hartsdale/Greenburgh Rotary Club
will be presenting the new Community Bulletin Board to the Library. A
reception with light refreshments will be held after the ceremony in the
lobby of the library.
We appreciate the service and dedication of the members of the Rotary Clubs.
Service Above Self: SOME OF THE INITIATIVES OF THE HARTSDALE ROTARY
We are proud to list some of the projects in which we have been involved:
· Provide annual cash awards to high school seniors who have been exceptionally active in community affairs.
· Sponsorship of High School Students to the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards leadership conference.
· Sponsorship of the Louis Bronz Child Care Center backpack program.
· Participation in a Food Outreach program.
· Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets at the Theodore Young Community Center.
· Installed trash baskets and benches around Greenburgh.
· Constructed elevated gardens at Woodlands for use by the elderly who are unable to garden at ground level.
· Erected community Bulletin Boards at the Greenburgh Town Library and at the Hartsdale train station plaza.
· Sponsored and hosted several "Gift of Life" children.
· Bought and presented dictionaries to all the fourth grade children in the Greenburgh Central School District.
· Erected and maintain a memorial flagpole in the Hartsdale train station plaza.
· Instituted an ongoing "Student of the Month" memorial award program.
· Assisted restocking the library and collecting videos for the Montrose Veterans Hospital through a book and magazine collection program.
· Read to children at the Greenburgh Library during Literacy Week.
· Had a clock installed at Greenburgh Town Hall to commemorate 100 years of Rotary and to highlight our strong ties with the town of Greenburgh.
· Breakfast with Santa with proceeds donated back to programs in the town of Greenburgh.
· Playground at the Greenburgh Nature Center.
· Sponsorship of Teen burgh at the Greenburgh Library.
· Provided AV equipment for Greenburgh seniors