Encouraging news. Received this e mail from the consultant we hired to prepare a comprehensive all hazards mitigation plan. Some residents who experienced flooding in Elmsford and off the Bronx River Parkway expressed interest in a buy out or property elevations. We will work very hard to help those who are experiencing frequent flood damage.
I'm not a big fan of studies and hiring consultants. The plan we commissioned seems like it was a great investment and could be very helpful for years to come.
As you are aware, the Greenburgh All-Hazards Mitigation Plan (AHMP) is currently in FEMA’s hands awaiting approval. Once this plan is approved and adopted by the town, federal mitigation grants are available for eligible mitigation projects in the community, including property elevations and buyouts. Significant mitigation grant funding is currently available, and more will become available in the wake of Irene and continued flooding.
The time to work with interested property owners is now. I would be glad to discuss this with you and the Town further.
Please note that Chief DeCarlo and I had discussed potential mitigation grant projects in the Town with Engineering during preparation of the AHMP. I just became aware of the mitigation RFP referenced below, however after the proposal submission date. If there is any information or other support we can provide towards this effort, please feel free to contact us.
Jonathan Raser, CFM |Hazard Mitigation Program Manager