During the past two weeks I have been distributing free prescription drug cards for humans and pets. Many people are skeptical --figuring that there must be a gimmick to the card. One does not have to register for the card, complete any forms, give their name and address to anyone. The card can be used by anyone and is free. If you have other insurance it's not as effective. The card benefits the uninsured and underinsured the most but is also of benefit to people on medicaid and medicare. You can pick up cards at my secretary's desk at Greenburgh Town Hall, 177 Hillside Ave. I have asked people who are using the card to provide me with a summary of their experiences and received this e mail yesterday...
ESTIMATED ANNUAL SAVINGS FROM THE PRESCRIPTION DRUG CARD FOR ONE PERSON $912!
From: Lora [lora@__com]Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 4:57 PMTo: Paul Feiner
Subject: RE: discount drug cardGreat news! Without the discount card, my prescription would’ve cost $154. With it, I only paid $78. I saved $76 this time and over a year, I will save $912! Thank you for spreading the word.
If you are a veteran and want to be interviewed for our living history program please e mail email@example.com. Alan Hochberg, Steve Wittenberg and Frank Musantry are organizing a living history project. Interviews will be archived at the Greenburgh Library.
Now you can safely destroy unwanted personal papers and documents!
When & Where:
(Saturday) Greenburgh Town Hall March 6 10am to 2pm
at 177 Hillside Ave., White Plains (Town Hall)
Tomorrow Night – March 5 More info on www.rivertownsguide.com
-- Hastings Friday Night LIVE Kicks off the 2010 Season: A Literary Event
Poetry Contest – Readings – Kids Programs – Poetry Slam – Live Music – Friday Night GIVE Visit http://www.rivertownsguide.com-- Foundation Fiesta! | The Dobbs Ferry School’s Foundation Annual Gala & Car Raffle
Honoring Founder’s Award Winners: Karen Orloff, Shannon Stringer & Christie LaVigne. An elegant evening in the Spanish tradition. Cocktails, dinner live and silent auction, dancing – all for a great cause. Come to the fiesta
- Hastings Friday Night LIVE: Literary Night
- Opening Reception: Leonda F. Finke and Astrid Fitzgerald
- Foundation Fiesta: The Dobbs Ferry School’s Foundation Annual Gala
- "Fiddler on the Roof, Jr."
- Celebrate a Classic in Pelham
- The “Best of” Film Series... "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus"
- Cassandra Wilson performs
- JC's Taco performs
- Linc performs
- Joe Travers, Live in Concert
- Autobiography in Fiction: The Big Read in Dobbs
- Family First Saturday: Shape, Rattle and Roll!
- Creative Inspirations from Nature
- Rosewood & Rhythm: International Jazz Trio
- Opening Reception: Ira Barkoff “Meditations on Nature”
- Permaculture in Your Backyard in Yonkers
- Jerry Stiller & Dick Gregory with Special Guest: Prof. Irwin Corey
- Beginnings: The Ultimate Chicago Tribute Band
- Red Molly and The Kennedys
- Johnny Feds & Da Bluez Boyz
- Members Pancake Brunch and Annual Membership Meeting
- Matt Turk performs
- Opening Reception: Mitchell Goldberg "Inner Vision"
- Celebrate Ed Young and his Work
- Irvington's Earth Day Kick-off Benefit Party and a Visit to an Eco-house
- John Hiatt & The Combo
Details & Links are on our Home Page http://www.rivertownsguide.com
Sunday, March 7 from 4pm - 7pm
Kick-off Benefit Party and Visit to an Eco-house | Irvington
Your $25 donation supports Irvington's Earth Day 40, a Village-wide Community Event to Grow Our Village Green on April 17. See geothermal heating/cooling, blown in soy insulation, solar gain panels, non-toxic and recycled building materials. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP & get directions.
“Best of” Film Series at Irvington Town HallTheater
-- “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus”: Friday, Mar 5 @ 8pm
-- “I Puritani” by Bellini: Sunday, March 7 @ 1pm
-- Oscar Nominated Live Action & Animated Shorts!: Tuesday, March 16 @ 7:30pm
-- “Four Seasons Lodge”: Wednesday, March 17 @ 8pm
-- “Norma” by Bellini: Saturday March 27 @ 11:30am
-- “The Messenger”: Saturday April 3 @ 8pm
-- “An Education”: Wednesday, April 7 @ 8pm
Go to http://www.rivertownsguide.com/20localevents.php for more information
www.thehudsonindependent.com for news and activities.
www.tarrytownpatch. com for more news and activities.
(if there are any other good websites that provide news/calendar of events - please advise.