Back to Article List
SAVE $ with free prescription discount card...work session agenda Tuesday...fun events...charities..
Release Date: February 20, 2010
I have free discount prescription cards in my office at Greenburgh Town Hall. These cards can save you $$. If you would like a card – let me know. The organization that issues the card has no idea who is getting the card, no forms have to be completed. The following is a summary of some of the benefits:
How to Use the USA Drug Plan Discount Prescription Card
· These cards can save you 10% - 85% on both generic and brand name drugs. This is a permanent card. There is no expiration date. It can be used over and over.
· The card can be used by your entire family. Senior citizens love this card since it Fills All Part D & Insurance Gaps!
· There are no income limitations. Anyone can use the card!
· This card benefits the uninsured and underinsured the most, but is also offers benefit to those people on Medicaid and Medicare. It can help save money on the prescription drugs that those services don't cover.
· It can be used at pharmacies listed on back of the card. The cards are accepted at 80% of pharmacies in the US and Puerto Rico.
· You do not have to activate the card. Just bring it to your pharmacist.
- These cards are distributed through Community Action Network, an outreach program sponsored by National Benefit Builders, Inc.
Town of Greenburgh
Work Session Agenda of the Greenburgh Town Board
Tuesday – February 23, 2010 – 9:15AM
(Work Sessions begin at 9:15AM except where schedule changes are made by the Board.)
(All Work Sessions are Televised Live on Cablevision Channel 76, Verizon 35 and are streamed live. Work Sessions and Town Board Meetings will be aired each Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting at 7:02am and 4:45pm
09:15 AM Amended Site Plan Applications re: Sam’s Club Warehouse, Hackley School, Movie Studio
10:00 AM GEF LORAX Working Group (Con Ed tree cutting—proposed moratorium)
10:30 AM Equipment Inventory – purchasing dept
10:45 AM Agenda Review
11:00 AM Executive Session – Legal
12:00 Noon Living History of Veterans—Members of the Town Board will inaugurate video taping/historical collection of documents of veterans of wars who reside in Greenburgh
12:30 PM Adjourn Meeting
FUN EVENTS THIS WEEKEND
- The Ya Yas
- Free Friday Nights: The Sky Tonight: Martian Evenings
- Margaret Slovak
- Come Celebrate Mardi Gras with Hot 8 Brass Band
- Fish Tales: "A House for Hermit Crab"
- "Sleeping Beauty"
- M&M Productions Acting Company to Perform "The Lincoln Continental"
- A Celebration of James Humphrey: Poetry Reading with Norma Humphrey
- UrbanH20's Monthly Music Series: The 3 Rix: Rik Palieri, Rick Nestler and Ricki Bala
- Celebrate Black History Month: "Good Hair"
- Comedian Bobby Collins
- Lynette Washington and Dennis Bell Jazz NY
- A Night of Live Music:
Benefiting the Oral Cancer Foundation featuring
- Showtime Dance Band
- Farm-To-Table Salad Greens
- "Carmen" by Bizet The “Best of” Film Series at The Best Little Theater in Westchester
- Let’s Celebrate Snow
- “Cheri” Screening
- Drumming Circle in Dobbs Ferry
- American Place Theatre presents Tim O’Brien’s "The Things They Carried"
http://www.rivertownsguide.com for more info…
Before the Rain Come: Scouts for Survival Day!
Saturday, February 27 from 11am - 3pm | American Legion, Hastings | A Shelter & Camping Gear Drive for Families in Haiti. Hastings Community Girl Scouts are collecting much needed shelter and survival supplies to help the people of Haiti stay dry and safe during the impending rainy season. We’ve partnered with the AFYA Foundation to help us transport the supplies we collect. Help a Haitian Family. We’re asking for donations of new, or still use-able camping and survival equipment. Search your closets, attic, basement and storage areas. Ask friends, neighbors and family members. Go to http://www.rivertownsguide.com/ to download a flyer for a list of what is needed.
Save the Date!
Hastings Friday Night Live: March 5
an Evening of Literary Events throughout Hastings!
There will be something for everyone at this Village-wide event. The Hastings Library will be hosting a huge event for Kids celebrating the work of local author Ed Young. There will be Poetry Readings at Suburban Renewal and the new Juniper Café, a Poetry Contest for all ages with the winners being announced at Rainwater Grill, and two Poetry Slams one for teens (Slices) and one for adults (River Roadhouse). Human Bodyworks and Galapagos Books will each host readings by various authors and residents of Hastings. And lastly, Common Ground Downtown presents Catherine Russell with Mark Shane at the Community Center. You can find the complete schedule of events here http://www.rivertownsguide.com/fnl. Check the webpage often, more details being added daily.
“Open Your Heart”
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, Pajama Program, a 501(c)3 national children’s charity, announced the kick off of its 2010 “OPEN YOUR HEART” fundraising and awareness campaign with two exciting local events to warm up our children during these cold nights. Go to http://www.rivertownsguide.com/ for links and details of the Westchester Events on Friday February. 26 and Sunday, February 28.
Beckham is an 11-year-old boy who loves soccer. He and his friends are orphans in Malawi, Africa. They play barefoot and kick a ball made from scraps of plastic and rubber. You can help. Please give your outgrown soccer gear to kids who really need it. WHAT: balls, cleats, uniforms, socks, etc (all sizes). WHEN: Now! Deadline is March 21. WHERE: South Presbyterian Church 343 Broadway Dobbs Ferry. A drop box is located inside the office entrance. CONTACT: Cris at email@example.com/914.943.6264
Now through March 5 | Collection bins for food and monetary donations will be available at all three of the Hastings School Buildings, and at supportive local vendors. The Hastings School Community is pleased to announce two initiatives to help combat hunger. Student and teacher organizations within the schools have joined efforts to organize a Food Drive to benefit the Food Bank for Westchester, as well as an Empty Bowls Dinner to benefit OXFAM International. More Info? Download Information Sheet <http://www.rivertownsguide.com/FoodDriveCommunityLetter.doc.zip> and Download Most Needed Items <http://www.rivertownsguide.com/FoodDriveNeededFood.zip>
Pennies, Nickels, Dimes, & Quarters from Heaven
Please join Family-to-Family in raising funds for the many orphanages in Port-au-Prince, Haiti that were destroyed by the powerful earthquake on January 12th. Pennies From Heaven – a “kids-to-kids” effort – is a tested fundraising program that helped us raise over $5,000 for orphanages throughout Tsunami ravaged Indonesia after the 2004 Tsunami… and we can do it again! An in-school effort, we are reaching out to parents and school administrators… hoping you will galvanize your children and students and join our effort to help the children of Haiti. Go to http://www.family-to-family.org/haiti_relief.htm for details.
www.thehudsonindependent.com for news and activities.
www.tarrytownpatch. com for more news and activities.