Back to Article List
DOBBS FERRY/GREENBURGH TWN BD MEETING TUESDAY...POLICE SHARING...MUSTACHE COMPETITION FUNDRAISER...F
Release Date: November 15, 2009
The members of the Town Board of the Town of Greenburgh will be meeting with the Village Board of Dobbs Ferry at 7:00PM on Tuesday, November 17, 2009, at Dobbs Ferry Village Hall, 112 Main Street, Dobbs Ferry, New York 10522. The Town Board will be meeting with the Village Board to discuss shared police services.
Westchester County’s First Annual ’Stache-Off, at the Music Conservatory of Westchester, will now take place Saturday, November 14 from 7-10PM. Open to all mustaches of Westchester, the ’Stache-Off features local men competing for “best in ‘stache”.
The event is presented by Jon Chattman, co-author of the recently released humor book SWEET ’STACHE: 50 Badass Mustaches and the Faces Who Sport Them and performances from some of the Conservatory’s ensembles and faculty (Nakia Verner, Irena Portenko, and Barbara Podgurski are among the talent lined up thus far) will precede the countywide mustache contest.
Guest of Honor: New York Mets Icon Wally Backman
Comedienne Sara Benincasa (Sirius Cosmo Radio) will emcee the event.
Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner
News 12 anchor/reporter Tara Rosenblum
Jeff Lee - lead singer of the band Hard Drugs
Jessica Rozler and Andrea Lavinthal, co-authors of “The Hookup Handbook."
Admission is $12 ($15 at the door) or $20 (which includes a signed copy of the book).
Donations will go to the not-for-profit school’s scholarships and tuition assistance.
- Farmers Markets (Hastings Winter Market Schedule now listed)
- Fall Book Sale, Irvington Public Library
- The Sky Tonight: Meteor Showers, Andrus Planetarium, Hudson River Museum
- "Rumors" at Hastings High School Auditorium
- Dionne Warwick, The Paramount Center for the Arts
- Beausoleil & Iris Dement, Tarrytown Music Hall
- Lou's Blues, Pumpernickel Restaurant
- "La Traviata", part of the Film Festival at Irvington Town Hall Theater
- Alternative Gifts Market at Grace Episcopal Church, Hastings
- Meet the Artists Reception: Westchester Photographic Society Presents: “The Image Makers”, Greenburgh Public Library
- The Art of Cardboard: A Performance by Marcy B. Freedman: A Spoof with Educational Value! at Blue Door Gallery, Yonkers
- *Special Event* At the End of Slavery?, Philipse Manor Hall, Yonkers
- Westchester County’s First Annual ’Stache-Off!
- Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood of "Whose Line is it Anyway?", Tarrytown Music Hall
- Gregg Allman, Paramount Center for the Arts, Peekskill
- Not Quite Dead at Pumpernickel Restaurant,
- "A Taste of the Paramount" at Paramount Center for the Arts,
- History in Every Bite: New York City's Place in the Food Chain, JCC on the Hudson
- Turkey Scavenger Hunt, Greenburgh Nature Center
- Mecca Bodega in Concert featuring Hammered Dulcimer and Shakuhachi Flute, Greenburgh Public Library
www.thehudsonindependent.com-- web site with great info about our community!