HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND. THESE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS…TOWN BD WORK SESSION AGENDA ON TUESDAY…SCHOOL TAXES DUE WED…CERT COURSE INFO
The Town Board is continuing to review budget requests.
This Weekend FUN ACTIVITIES
- Farmers Markets
- Apple Picking!
- Concert in Elmsford: Charlie Lagond & Friends TONIGHT DELUCA PARK
- Saw Mill Riber BioBliz
- Open Mic, Music and Books in Dobbs, Ardsley, Hastings, Tarrytown, Piermont
- “Foods that Heal” Workshop in Dobbs
- “Sunset on the Hudson” Second Annual Benefit at the Beczak
- Joan Osborne in Tarrytown
- Teen Night in Ardsley
- Mushroom Walk in Scarsdale
- “Air Show” at the Zoo
- Scarecrow Making in Katonah
- Opening Reception of Amateur Photo Show in Dobbs
- Artist’s Reception at Blue Door in Yonkers
- Ballet Among the Blooms at the Botanical Gardens
- Common Ground Coffeehouse Launches its Eighth Year
- A Benefit for the UFA's Widows' and Children's Fund (For NYC's Fallen Firefighters) in Hastings
- Final Sunday for Bicycling on the Bronx River Parkway
- Family Geocatching in Scarsdale
- Children’s Book Day at Washington Irving’s Sunnyside
- Opening Reception at The Donald Gallery, Dobbs Ferry
Go to http://www.rivertownsguide.com for more information on these and many more events this weekend.
Work Session Agenda of the Greenburgh Town Board
Tuesday – September 29, 2009 – 9:00AM
(As of September 15, 2009 – Work Sessions will begin at 9:00AM
Except where schedule changes are made by the Board)
(The October 6, 2009 Work Session will begin at 2:00pm)
(Please note that, although the Work Session Agenda is shared with the public prior to each Work Session, the Agenda may be revised at any point up to the start of the meeting as well as during the meeting, if necessary.)
(All Work Sessions are Televised Live on Cablevision Channel 76, Verizon 35 and are streamed live. Work Sessions and Town Board Meetings will be aired each Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting at 7:02am and 4:45pm. Each segment will run for approximately 6 to 7 hours,
depending upon the length of the two meetings.)
09:00AM: Budget Meeting – Theodore D. Young Community Center
10:30AM: Budget Meeting – Greenburgh Nature Center
11:00AM: Recreation Air Rights on Route 119
11:30AM: Executive Session – Legal / Personnel
REMINDER SCHOOL TAXES DUE WEDNESDAY AT MIDNIGHT
Basic C.E.R.T. Course
(Community Emergency Response Team)
Given by the
Westchester C.E.R.T./C.C.C. Coalition
And Greenburgh C.E.R.T.
@ Westchester County D.E.S.
4 Dana Road, Valhalla, NY 10595
Starting: October 1, 2009
Ends: November 21, 2009
8 Thursday Evenings 7:00pm–9:00 pm
One Saturday (practical exercise) 11-21-09 9:00am-12:00pm
Pre-Registration is Required by September 29, 2009
For an Application and Course Schedule Send
Name, Address, e-mail & Phone # to:
or FAX: 914-949-7116 (attn: P.O. Peter Dandreano)
For more information call: P.O. Peter Dandreano 914-682-5334 or
Richard Edelson (914) 428-8337 CERTRedelson@att,net
Course Description:The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Basic Course educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. CERT members also are encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in their community.
Greenburgh: Named by MONEY MAGAZINE in 2008 as “ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO LIVE” IN AMERICA (#80)
JOB E MAIL LIST---I am trying to help unemployed Greenburgh residents find work. If your company/business has any job openings please e mail me at email@example.com. If you are out of work and want to be advised of job openings please advise.