COMPLAINT---THERE ARE TOO MANY FUN CHOICES TO MAKE THIS WEEKEND. GREENBURGH’S ANNUAL DOG SWIM (Sunday), the weekend events in Irvington, the 3rd annual Take me to the River Music Festival in Hastings, the Dobbs Ferry Festa, the Eco Fair in Tarrytown, the RiverArts Welcome Party in Hastings. And, much, much more. I can’t remember a weekend with so many incredible choices to make. Each of these events is world class quality!
Frank Jazzo, town historian, just advised me that Greenburgh will be sponsoring two ADDITIONAL EVENTS THIS WEEKEND—Hart’s Brook Park & Preserve 10-12. Hear about the history of the former Gaisman Estate and tour its unusual barn and stable that has yet to house a single cow or horse. Then take a guided walk to the pond in the Preserve. Tomorrow—at 1:30 meet at the Ridge Road county park (parking lot). You will walk a wooded trail to the historic Odell House property in Greenburgh, which served as a headquarters for French General Rochambeau for six weeks in 1781 while George Washington and his Continental Army camped less than a mile away. Rain or shine!
SUGGESTION---THERE SHOULD BE A GREENBURGH REGISTRY OF EVENTS. THE NEIGHBORING COMMUNITIES SHOULD COORDINATE SCHEDULES SO TERRIFIC PROGRAMS WON’T ALL TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME DATES.
This Weekend on RivertownsGuide.com…..
- Farmers Markets
- September Concert / Sing-a-Long / Remembrance
- Fall Crafts at Lyndhurst
- The Sky Tonight, HRM
- Lights on Irvington: A Vintage Village Weekend Celebration, 1909 - 2009
- “Our River, Our Remembrance”, Tarrytown
- The “Best of” Film Series... Benefit Event! In Irvington
- Free Music in Ardsley Tarrytown, Dobbs Ferry
- Eco-Fair in Tarrytown
- Continuing Ed Open House at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Yonkers Riverfest
- Hudson Valley Wine & Food Fest, Dutchess Fairgrounds
- The 3rd Annual “Take Me to the River” GrassRoots Music Festival, Hastings
- Dobbs Ferry Festa
- Closing Reception at Blue Door Gallery
- Native American Day, Philipse Manor Hall State Historic Site
- Opening Reception: Mia de Bethune, Irvington Public Library
- Salsa Lessons and Live Music, ArtsExchange, White Plains
- Street Fair and Second Sunday in Sleepy Hollow
- Hudson Valley River Ramble, Philipse Manor Hall State Historic Site
- The Hudson River Swim for Life, Nyack to Sleepy Hollow
- Dog Swim at Anthony F. Veteran Park
- New York Metro Reptile Expo, Westchester County Center, White Plains
- Center Stage Screening “The Headless Horseman”, Hudson River Museum
- Welcome, This is a Neighborhood Watch Community: A Staged Reading, Sleepy Hollow
- RiverArts Welcome Party & Membership Drive, Let it Bee Farm, Hastings
- Broadway Tonight with Alan Menken and Friends, Tarrytown
Go to http://www.rivertownsguide.com for more information on these and many more events this weekend.
Town of Greenburgh
Work Session Agenda of the Greenburgh Town Board
Tuesday – September 15, 2009 – 9:00AM
(As of September 15, 2009 – Work Sessions will begin at 9:00AM)
(Please note that, although the Work Session Agenda is shared with the public prior to each Work Session, the Agenda may be revised at any point up to the start of the meeting as well as during the meeting, if necessary.)
(All Work Sessions are Televised Live on Cablevision Channel 76, Verizon 35 and are streamed live. Work Sessions and Town Board Meetings will be aired each Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting at 7:02am and 4:45pm. Each segment will run for approximately 6 to 7 hours,
depending upon the length of the two meetings.)
09:00AM: Special Meeting
09:10AM: Bennett Kielson (2008 Audited Financial Statements)
10:30AM: Budget Meeting – Building Inspector
11:30AM: Budget Meeting – Library
12:30PM: Executive Session – Legal/Personnel
Greenburgh: Named by MONEY MAGAZINE in 2008 as “ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO LIVE” IN AMERICA (#80)
JOB E MAIL LIST---I am trying to help unemployed Greenburgh residents find work. If your company/business has any job openings please e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are out of work and want to be advised of job openings please advise.