Back to Article List
TALK GREEN SATURDAY AT FARMER'S MARKET...CELEBRATE GREENBURGH SAT..WEEKEND FUN
Release Date: July 18, 2009
Join friends & neighbors to build teams for local action towards a clean, healthy & sustainable Greenburgh!
Do you garden, carpool or recycle more? Thinking about insulating your home? Interested in community organizing, environmental health issues, local food sources or reducing your carbon footprint?
YOUR STORIES AND IDEAS MATTER!
Join Greenburgh’s Conservation Outreach Coordinator and members of the Climate Action Task Force to talk all things green at:
Hartsdale Farmer’s Market(with Solar Punch performing at Noon!)
Hartsdale Train Station
JULY 18th 10-2pm
Greening Greenburgh Workshop:
Getting to Green: What YOU Can Do!
Greenburgh Public Library
JULY 29th 6:30-8:30
Part of a community group, organization or any kind of Board member?
Show up to find out how you can improve any environmental/health goals!
CELEBRATE GREENBURGH DAY IS SATURDAY AT ANTHONY VETERAN POOL---This year, because of budget cuts, we have scaled back this special event. We are not spending any overtime on the event. None of the acts on the pool will be paid. No movide is being shown and no outside amusement rides are being contracted. We have hired a DJ for the pool from 1-5 PM for $300. Tennis activities are being done in house. All outside acts in the pool area are free: TDYCC belly dancers, TDYCC african drums, blues mothers and more...
We do not want to completely shutdown recreational activities and we encourage our residents to attend this year’s special event. There are many unincorporated area residents that only come to our pool complex on the Celebrate Greenburgh Day and we hope that this year’s diluted event does not distract them from attending.
As for lifeguards there will be a full staff scheduled since we still anticipate our largest crowd of the year.
- Learn to grow a vegetable garden at the Botanical Gardens
- Celebrate Greenburgh Day
- Hudson River Seining
- Works by 30 Contemporary Artists, from 15 countries in Peekskill
- Participate in “Beings that Heal Us” at the Blue Door Gallery
- “Broadway and Hollywood Favorites” featuring the Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra
- Celebrating “Life Along the Hudson” in Yonkers
- Polish Heritage Celebration at the Kensico Dam Plaza
- Bookmaking at the Hudson River Museum
- Evolution Arts Exhibit Series on Main Street, Yonkers
- Family Day at the Katonah Museum of Art
- Mad Science at the Greenburgh Nature Center,
- 2009 Mostly Music Festival in Memorial Park, Nyack
- Robert Cray Band in Tarrytown
Go to http://www.rivertownsguide.com for more information on these and many more events this weekend.
- Business & Social Networking on the Hudson at Blu, Hastings, July 22, 7 – 9pm
- River Ciphers, Live from The Rec Room http://www.therecroomshop.com/ Dobbs Ferry, July 22, @ 7:00
- Parent’s Night Out: Wine Tasting and Art Show. Presented by Rivertown Play Group and The Rec Room, Dobbs Ferry http://tiny.cc/BHkIZ
- Greetings From Anywhere at Hastings Station Café, July 23 @ 6:30
- Peter and the Wolf at Caramoor, July 25 http://www.caramoor.org
Visit http://www.rivertownsguide.com/20localevents.php for all of the details on these and many other events in the coming weeks.
Weekday Events for Kids……
Go to http://tiny.cc/NySKh to find great programs for kids of all ages. Check back often, new events added daily. The Rivertown playgroup also posts interesting programs/events on their website.
HAVE A FUN WEEKEND.