Back to Article List
Message from Chief Kapica re: Burglary arrests..weekend fun!
Release Date: July 10, 2009
A message from Police Chief John Kapica (BURGLARY ARRESTS)...
Although, serious crime in Greenburgh continues to hover near the record low level attained in 2007, increases have been noted in burglaries over the past several years. The Police Department has been busy investigating these offenses. Working with other police agencies who have experienced similar increases in these offenses, they have had significant success in tracking down the responsible individuals and arresting them. They have been particularly successful over the past week. Thanks to the presence of mind of a local resident, on Wednesday members of the Police department's Patrol Division were able to effect the arrest of two New York City men who had broken into a private home on Park Avenue West. Jose L. Sanchez, age 31 of Jackson Heights, New York and Pablo Cesar Imbachi, age 37 of Elmhurst, New York were arrested when they attempted to flee from the residence. Patriot, the department's K-9 disarmed one of the suspects who brandished a knife when confronted by police officers. Yesterday, members of the Police department's Detective Division arrested Timothy Zwiren, age 17 of Hartsdale for the burglary of a Chatterton Parkway residence he committed on July 7th. At the time of his arrest Mr. Zwiren was out on bail for four burglaries he had committed in the month of May, three of which were within the Town of Greenburgh. The Police department continues to urge people to take a common sense approach to home security and lock their doors and windows when they leave their homes, even if they only intend to be gone for a short time. If you have an alarm system, use it and be certain to report anything suspicious you witness to the police. Although crime continues to be near record low levels, these precautions will help further reduce this number
East Hartsdale Farmer's market tomorrow (Saturday morning) 2 bands will perform...
- Visit the beautiful Storm King, new exhibition through November
- Archeology Days at Philipse Manor Hall
- Aimee Mann and Dave Mason in Tarrytown
- Free Music in Dobbs Ferry and Ardsley
- Fun on the Farm with Kids Unplugged and Fishkill Farm
- The 2009 Pleasantville Music Festival
- Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Guided Tours
- Warner Library Cruise ’09 Fundraiser
- Roller Derby in Yonkers
- Second Sunday in Sleepy Hollow, Celebrate Portugal
- Animals in Disguise: A River Explorers Program at the Beczak
- The Johnson Girls at the Hudson River Museum
- Solar Punch and other guest performers at EcoActivism Music Concert at GNC
- Family Day! At Central Park’s SummerStage, Free!
- Celebrate the 70th Anniversary of “Gone with the Wind”
Go to http://www.rivertownsguide.com for more information on these and many more events this
Mark Your Calendars…….
- Third Friday in Tarrytown, July 17
- Hastings Third Annual Village-Wide Tag Sale is on July 18
- Business & Social Networking on the Hudson, Blu Riverfront Bar & Bistro, July 22
- River Ciphers, Live from The Rec Room http://www.therecroomshop.com/ Dobbs Ferry, July 22 @ 7:00pm Sharp!
- Parent’s Night Out: Wine Tasting and Art Show. Presented by Rivertown Play Group and The Rec Room, Dobbs Ferry http://tiny.cc/BHkIZ
- The Westchester Business Connection Event, Blu Riverfront Bar & Bistro, July 30
Visit http://www.rivertownsguide.com/20localevents.php for all of the details on these and many other events in the coming weeks.
Weekday Events for Kids……
Go to http://tiny.cc/NySKh to find great programs for kids of all ages. Check back often, new events added daily.
Located in the Dobbs Ferry, come join friends and meet some new ones. Get out of the house with the little ones and relax at the Bo Cafe Mommy & Me on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.! Bo Cafe is located at 19 Cedar Street. Coloring and story time. Mom's and Dad's get a cup of coffee or tea on the house. And, check out the yummy food too!
Special programs including music and storytime to be added over the summer.
No RSVP required and this program is free! (www.therivertownplaygroup.com)
PAUL FEINERHope you are enjoying your summer. If you are out of work join our job club: www.linkedin.com (greenburgh jobs group). I have been posting high end and lower salaried positions on the site at least a few times a week.