How many people around the world never heard of Susan Boyle until she performed in the first round of Britains got Talent?
Greenburgh, like Britain, also has talent. Some of the talent has not been discovered or recognized. Yet the musicians are outstanding.This summer we're going to showcase our talent at the Hartsdale Farmer's Market. Musicians will be donating their time performing musical numbers. The music series is being coordinated by Town Clerk Judith Beville and will run till the end of September on Saturday mornings and early afternoons--across from Starbucks and the Hartsdale train station.
We're looking for Judges and volunteers who can greet the musicians and help determine the winners. We're also looking to create a committee that could determine the criteria to be used to determine who the winner will be. Town Clerk Judith Beville, members of the Town Board will honor the winner of "Greenburgh's Got Talent" with an award later this fall. If you'd like to volunteer please contact Judith Beville at 993-1504. We still have some openings for musicians.
We're also looking for volunteer farmers market managers. The follow guidelines are from Carole Walker of the farmer's market.
From: Carole Walker
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:16 PM
To: Paul Feiner
Subject: RE: VOLUNTEER WANTED FOR FARMER'S MARKET
Here are some guidelines for the market manager. If the volunteer can only stay for a few hours that would be great.
The managerwill represent the market to the market’s vendors, the consumers and to the community.
· Arrive prior to market vendors arriving and remain throughout the market day to:
· Properly place vendors in stalls, including assigning market stalls to daily vendors
· Ensure all rules and regulations are adhered to
· Ensure all state and county regulations are adhered to
· Answer questions for vendors and consumers
· Resolve disputes that arise
· Maintain market grounds in a safe manner
· Communicate market policies, activities and rules to farmers, keeping them informed throughout the season. Bring suggestions from farmers back to the market director.
· Conduct periodic customer counts each market day to assess the level of growth in market usage
· Assure the market site is clean once the market is closed and the vendors have left for the day.
Secretary to Zoning Board of Appeals
Department of Community Development and Conservation
From: Paul Feiner
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 1:57 PM
To: Carole Walker
Subject: FW: VOLUNTEER WANTED FOR FARMER'S MARKET
JOB E MAIL LIST---I am trying to help unemployed Greenburgh residents find work. If your company/business has any job openings please e mail me at email@example.com. If you are out of work and want to be advised of job openings please advise.