Leonard Jackson Associates will make a half hour presentation at the September 24th meeting re: E Hartsdale Ave flood study that was commissioned by the Town Board last year. The meeting begins at 7:30 PM. Copies of the report will be posted on our web site when it is available.
The Town Board will re-appoint Brenda Connor-Bey as Poet Laureate for the Town of Greenburgh (volunteer position) at our Board meeting tonight.
We are postponing the hearing on the renewal of the cable franchise agreement for two weeks –until the September 24th meeting. We will continue our hearing on the application by WESTHAB to build a 3 story workforce apartment building at 22 Tarrytown Road (across from Verizon, Staples, Deli Delicious) tonight at our Town Board meeting. No vote will take place tonight. Possible vote: 9/24.
REMINDER: Robert Freeman, Executive Director of the NYS Committee on Open Government will answer questions about open government issues today from 4-6 PM. Judith Beville, Town Clerk, organized the meeting.
STARTING WITH THIS E MAIL we will provide residents with weekly energy conservation tips…
Get Green by saving Green!
Anytime of year is a good time to save energy & money, but using energy saving tips during the cooler months can help your winter budget!
DID YOU KNOW?
· An ENERGY STAR dishwasher saves approximately 1,200 gallons of water a year - 6 times the amount of water the average person drinks in a year!
· 60% to 80% of the power used by a dishwasher is consumed just to heat the water.
DISHWASHER ENERGY-SAVING TIPS
· Run your dishwasher only when full.
· Air dry the clean dishes by turning the energy-saver switch on.
· Scrape - do not rinse! Scrape your dishes before loading the dishwasher. Pre-rinsing is no longer necessary with today's technology and detergents. You may be using more water to pre-rinse your dishes than the dishwasher uses for a full wash cycle!
For more information or to talk to Deann Cartwright, Energy Conservation Coordinator: