Executive Director, HudsonValley 211
United Way of Westchester & Putnam, Inc.
White Plains, New York
United Way of Westchester and Putnam (UWWP) seeks to hire a dynamic leader who has demonstrated success in the areas of project management, resource development, outstanding customer service and community building as the Executive Director of the Hudson Valley 211 helpline. The Executive Director reports to the President & CEO of UWWP as well as to the Chair of the Hudson Valley 211 Policy Board, a collective of United Way CEOs and community volunteers from the six United Way organizations in the Hudson Valley.
· Represents the Hudson Valley 211 collaborative as its chief executive officer in all dealings with the general public, municipalities and all organizations involved in the field of Information and Referral
· Maintains positive and constructive working relationships with partner United Ways, local government officials, funders, vendors and providers
· Supports the governance of the Hudson Valley 211 Policy Board by staffing all meetings of the Board and committees
· Develops and implements operating policies and procedures as well as the necessary controls to ensure the highest level of service and performance
· Implements and updates the 211 Hudson Valley business plan
· Prepares and implements operating and capital budgets; works with UWWP CFO regarding all 211 financial matters
· Provides oversight to the call center operations, including direct supervision of the director of client services, the director of training/process management and the database director.
· Prepares and implements the resource development plan which includes securing funds from the private and public sectors in collaboration with the Policy Board and partner United Ways
· Provides monthly financial and call volume reports to Hudson Valley 211 partners
· Prepares and implements regional marketing plan
· Manages the employment process in partnership with the UWWP human resources department utilizing UWWP personnel policies, practices and procedures
· Ensures that the collaborative operates in a fiscally sound manner within the parameters of the approved budget
· Serves on the Senior Leadership team of UWWP; works closely with UWWP Administration, Information Technology and Marketing Departments to ensure seamless operation and support
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
· Masters Degree preferred or equivalent skills and professional experience
· At least ten years of progressively responsible experience in the management of a community-related operation
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
· High comfort level with computer and telecommunications technology
Interested applicants should direct a cover letter including salary requirements and resume via e-mail to Virginia Brown, Confidential Assistant to Naomi Adler, Esq., President & CEO, United Way of Westchester and Putnam, email@example.com
by September 5, 2008. No phone inquires please. UWWP is an equal opportunity employer.